Search This Blog

Sunday, March 6, 2011

Getting Frustrated

I am officially frustrated with this whole thing.  I have lost about 10 pounds in two months.  I'm happy but when I'm going to the gym 5-7 days a week and usually spend a couple hours there I feel I should have lost more.  I do get comments from people that can tell I lost so I try remind myself my body is changing even if the scale isn't.  I am going to add in more fruits and carbs and see what happens.  This last week I had a couple of outings where I had a bisquit with my meal and had desert and what happens....I dropped weight.    I'm starting to wonder if a strict paleo diet doesn't work for me.  The problem is I feel so much better when I eat this way.  So I'm going to try keep it clean but eat more fruit and not feel bad if I eat more carbs.  I'll be interested to see how this goes.  The only other thing I could think of is that my body is building muscle from doing Power three times a week however,  I have a hard time believing that.  So I keep on trucking.  Hopefully one of these weeks it will be spring and I'll be able to get outside and be more active in general which will help.  It's a good thing I love Power class else I would have thrown the towel in on this whole thing and gave up...because that's what I've done in the past.  But no, I'm changing my life!

1 comment:

  1. As frustrating as it is that you aren't losing, you have to remember that losing weight from Paleo is only one of the many benefits. You are doing healthy things for your entire body, health, and wellness. You'll be benefiting from how you eat now, 10 years later. Stick to it, do it for health, and the weight will come off as it should. Don't stress about the number, and enjoy yourself some fruit sometimes!

    ReplyDelete