Search This Blog

Sunday, February 20, 2011

Slowly but surely (still)

Well I am down about eight pounds, I'm suppose to be excited but I'm getting frustrated.  I honestly feel like I have lost more.  I think of what do I need to do different and what I've done right. First of all, I workout about 5 days a week, two of which is my weight class which I really do enjoy.  The other days is cardio and I'm trying one day a week where I do a 3-4 hour workout.  I've been eating pretty well with a meal or two a week that is nonpaleo.  I've cut back on dairy and fruit.  I do still need to drink more water.  Pretty soon I'm going to count calories.  Ugghh, anyways.  Now is the time I need to concentrate on how good I feel rather than numbers.  However, I have my physical next month so I am very curious how my labs will come back.  Husband tells me not to get my hopes up because my numbers really aren't bad to start with.  Although all are in normal range, my glucose could come down and my HDL could go a little higher as they were 96 and 50 last I checked.  

Most importantly, I tried Zumba today.  I lasted 30 minutes and couldn't do it anymore.  I had down an hour of cardio and hour of weight class before and I just couldn't finish zumba.  Maybe I didn't want to cause I did another half hour of cardio.  I didn't realize how fast pace it was so I was really falling behind.  Not sure if I will try it again but that half hour was quite a workout.  I was probably making it harder than it really is due to my lack of dance and coordination skills.  I am going to push myself like crazy this week...

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The dietary needs of humankind were forged into our genes millions of years in the past, long before many of the foods that pollute our modern tables were first eaten by people, and the Paleo diet aims at boosting your health by returning you to the types of nourishment your ancestors ate for far longer than they have eaten grains and dairy products. The cavemen had no wheat, no domestic cattle, and no sugar, so all these foods are actually harmful to the human system.
    paleo diet

    ReplyDelete