Search This Blog

Monday, October 25, 2010

Day 5

Considering the fact I don't really cook and E was gone, I'm proud of myself for what I have accomplished so far.  I haven't "cheated", not once, only to find out E was eating banana bread and potatoes.  I support him, but just this once it felt good to be the one that stayed in control.  I tested my urine and had a moderate amount of ketones, I was excited about this but a nurse I work with gave me a lecture how I am going into kidney failure.  I jumped on the net right away, found mostly that ketosis from low carb does not put you in kidney failure.  Called E right after that and said the same thing that I'm not "our bodies are meant to run off of fat, not carbs.  That's what you're doing".  So I hope that's right.

I had trouble sleeping last night, which is so uncommon for me.  Heard it happens when you go into ketosis.  I hope that changes soon.  I felt so wired all evening, a huge turn around from dragging.  I was even going to the gym today, then I realized I didn't have my key so no work out for me but did just go for a walk.  Other than that, I'm still feeling great!

I found a new favorite, sauteed broccoli with onions and bacon, delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment